Best practices are only a part of an overall process that addresses the health of the population.
As defined by PHAC, the Population Health Approach focuses on improving health status through action directed toward the health of an entire population, or sub-population, rather than individuals.
To learn more, please click through the Population Health Approach Elements (skip to text-equivalent links):
- Key Element 1: Focus On The Health of Populations
- Key Element 2: Address The Determinants of Health and Their Interactions
- Key Element 3: Base Decisions On Evidence
- Key Element 4: Increase Upstream Investments
- Key Element 5: Apply Multiple Interventions and Strategies
- Key Element 6: Collaborate Across Sectors and Levels
- Key Element 7: Employ Mechanisms for Public Involvement
- Key Element 8: Demonstrate Accountability for Health Outcomes