- Public Health Agency of Canada’s RSS feeds and email subscriptions include information on public health, media, travel health, healthy living, family violence prevention, chronic disease and injury, and communicable disease.
- Statistics Canada provides email updates from Health Reports at Statistics Canada which provide notification of upcoming reports related to population health and health services research.
- National Collaborating Centres (NCCs) have a number of e-bulletins including the overall e-bulletin for the six NCCs, which includes sections on news and events, publications and tools as well as conferences. Each of the six NCCs also has its own e-bulletin (Aboriginal Health, Determinants of Health, Environmental Health, Healthy Public Policy, Methods and Tools, and Infectious Disease).
- Dialogue PH is a networking site for public health professionals hosted by the National Collaborating Centre for Methods and Tools. You can sign up to take part in discussion forums and receive weekly emails with relevant tools and resources.
- Population Health, In Brief from the Canadian Population Health Initiative at the Canadian institute for Health Information is a bi-weekly e-newsletter that presents abstracted information and web links to policy and program information in the area of population health.
- Health Edition is a weekly e-newsletter is published by Krysgar Communications, and receives arms length funding from Merck. While it focuses on the health care system, some of the information includes health prevention and promotion.
- 8-80 Cities is a Canadian non-profit organization dedicated to transforming cities into places where people can walk, bike, access public transit and visit vibrant parks, streets and other public places. You can sign up for the 8-80 newsletter for updated information on news and events.
- Health Nexus and Public Health Ontario publish a weekly health promotion newsletter: Ontario Health Promotion E-Bulletin. It includes sections on resources, events, announcements, and job postings.
- CHNET-Works! offers weekly webinars on population health topics. You can sign up for their newsletter to keep up to date on the latest webinars.
- Public Policy and Health Newsletter from the Institut national de santé publique du Québec is a bi-weekly newsletter which provides a brief summary and link to Canadian and international resources, divided by sections on events, news, publications, health impact assessment and other resources.
- Réseau de recherche en santé des populations du Québec offers links to several e-newsletters, including pophealth and e-watch. Pophealth is a twice a month publication which focuses on population health, and has sections on events, news, grants and competitions, publications, and interesting websites. E-watch is a weekly e-newsletter that includes sections on events, publications, interesting websites, and a section called “Members’ Forum”, where members can provide resources and links of interest.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Topic subscriptions include preventing chronic disease and healthy women as well as various statistics and surveys. United States
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence in the United Kingdom has an RSS Feeds page that provides information on various clinical guidelines and press releases.
- Pan-American Health Organization: Equity, Health and Human Development has a listserve which alerts subscribers to key resources in the area of equity, health and human development from around the world. Please note that the number of emails you receive a day from this listserve varies – you may receive three or four emails a day.